Mediterranean Pie with Filosophy Puff pastry
Pure ingredients & unique aromas from the Mediterranean, captured in a pie. Follow the instructions of Chef Vassilis Hatzopoulos and enjoy a delicious recipe!
- 250 gr. feta cheese
- 250 gr. myzithra or anthotyro cheese
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of sweet oregano
- 1 tablespoon of sweet mint
- 1 tablespoon of sweet sugar
- 2 puff pastry sheets Filosophy
- A little salt and pepper
Why use frozen Filosophy?
You save time since you do not need to make the filo yourself. Filosophy has taken care of offering you traditionally kneaded filo, made from the best ingredients. Also, your kitchen doesn't need to get messy either. How convenient!
- You can easily find Filosophy in the supermarkets or order it online.
- On the package there is a detailed nutrition chart to inform you about the filo's calories and nutrients.
- It is economical!
- Cut the tomatoes into cubes, salt them and let them drain for about 30 minutes in a bowl.
- Spread one filo of Filosophy Puff pastry in a baking tray on non-stick paper and brush it with a little olive oil.
- Mix the tomato cubes with the sugar and place the mixture on the surface of the pie.
- Mix the cheeses in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and place them on the surface of the pie.
- Lower the edges of the filo base onto the filling, cover the pie with the remaining filo and brush them with a little more olive oil.
- Use a knife to lightly cut lines in to the pie where it will be later cut.
- Bake the pie in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 50 minutes in a fan oven.
- Serve after 10 minutes so that the best aroma and taste balance.